sábado, 26 de marzo de 2016

TFS 2015 on premise - Bugs on dashboard compatibility

Hi there,

First of all as I promised, I have re-write all the articles in english :). Now lets go to the real stuff:

On August 6, 2015 MSFT has released a new version of TFS with a lot of new features and on November 30 update1 was available. 

To see the changes you can visit the following links:

There are a lot of new features as manage the capacity users, configure the dashboard boxes, see the user's photo and more. One important change is that we can now change the way that we interact with the bugs, showing them as user stories, at the same label as tasks or not showing them at all.
The problem for me was that I have done this change a long time ago manipulating the TFS templates. After the update on the portal I can see a problem with the templates at the time of configuring as the bugs interact.

Is pretty easy to fix this, you have to rollback the changes from the older versions:

  • Categories.xml

           I have removed the bug from the task category.

  • Commonprocessconfig.xml

           I have removed the "resolved" state for the "Task" backlog

  • Bug.xml
          I have added the field Agregue el campo “Story Points” from type                                           Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.StoryPoints. TFS use it to reporting purposes.


To get those files and modify them, you have to install the TFS 2015 Power tools and export them. Do the modifications and import the again. Remember to open and admin cmd console and go to: cd %programfiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE

  • Categories:

              witadmin exportcategories /collection:[collection url] /p:[project] /f:"[folder]/categories.xml"
              witadmin importcategories /collection:[collection url] /p:[project] /f:"[folder]\categories.xml"

  • Commonprocessconfig.xml

           witadmin exportprocessconfig /collection:[collection url] /p:[project] /f:"[folder]/commonprocessconfig.xml"
              witadmin importprocessconfig /collection:[collection url] /p:[project] /f:"[folder]/commonprocessconfig.xml"

  • Bug.xml (more info here)
              witadmin exportwitd /collection:CollectionURL /p:Project /n:TypeName [/f:FileName] [/e:Encoding] [/exportglobalists]
              witadmin importwitd /collection:CollectionURL [/p:Project] /f:FileName [/e:Encoding] [/v]

Cheers!!!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario